Who is he?
He is Dr. LASEK. World renowned, NYC’s most experienced no-cut, no-flap, all-laser surgeon. He performed more LASEK and epiLASEK procedures than any other refractive surgeon in NYC and most probably the world. He is famous all across the planet and is invited to present his research into Advanced Surface Ablation technique to many foreign and domestic surgeons. They are the ones who gave him the nickname, Dr. LASEK.
Several years ago Dr. Chynn performed LASIK and IntraLASE (iLASIK) procedures but wasn’t 100% satisfied with the safety and long term results of LASIK. He switched exclusively to performing the newer non-cutting LASEK procedure and never looked back ever since!
What you **NEED** to know about Dr. Chynn!
- 1st full time refractive surgeon in NYC to **STOP** performing cutting LASIK procedure in 2003!
- Had LASIK himself in 1999. Still suffers from dry eye and night glare problems!
- Performs over 1,000 advanced surface ablation procedures a year – more than any other non-cutting surgeon in NYC
- Only NYC laser vision correction surgeon that is Harvard trained!
- Certified genius! He is a MENSA member.
- His education is unmatched by any other refractive surgeon.
- He is an educator, he teaches other surgeons how to perform better laser vision correction.
- Was ranked most ethical centre by CBS news undercover investigation into laser vision correction pricing schemes
- He is Dr. LASEK. He even has a license plate to prove it.
Long story short
Dr. Chynn was an undergraduate at Dartmouth College and attended medical school at Columbia University’s College of Physicians & Surgeons (typically ranked the #1 medical school in New York State). He completed his residency at the world-famous Harvard University’s Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, where he was on the teaching faculty of Harvard Medical School.
After Harvard, Dr. Chynn could have gone out and performed refractive surgery (like many doctors in NYC who never completed a fellowship). Instead, he chose to spend an additional year completing a full fellowship in Corneal Transplantation & Refractive Surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, under George Waring, MD, who introduced RK and LASIK to the US.
Dr. Emil William Chynn has published over a dozen peer-reviewed articles in the ophthalmic literature, including articles in each of the top three ophthalmic journals — Ophthalmology, Archives of Ophthalmology, and American Journal of Ophthalmology — a rare distinction.
In addition, Dr. Chynn has published over 100 articles in non-peer reviewed literature, including many in Ophthalmology Times, the #1 popular journal in ophthalmology (according to annual readership and sales figures, provided by OT).
These articles report on the latest advances in LASIK and the more advanced LASEK and epi-LASEK laser vision correction techniques and are widely read by eye surgeons across the US — especially those who are unable to attend the prominent meetings covered (the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology).
Dr. Emil Chynn donates LASEK surgeries each and every year to a worthy charity, and has raised $200,000 over the years for various charities.
September 11 – WTC
Emil W. Chynn was the very first MD to arrive at WTC after the towers were hit. How this happened is an interesting story. You can read the whole story by clicking here.